Do You Know The Difference Managed IT Services Make For Manufacturing Firms?
No matter how much you may have heard about Managed IT Services, you still might not know what it is they actually do for you. In order to determine whether they’re the right choice for your manufacturing firm, first, you have to know what to expect.
A manufacturing firm has a lot of moving parts. And if yours is like most, you increasingly rely on technology to keep the lines moving. While you may rely on in-house techs to fix the small things, this talent is getting hard to find. It’s for this reason (and many more listed below) that working with the right managed IT services company is by far the best move for manufacturing firms.
Today’s manufacturing environment is changing more rapidly than it did during the Industrial Revolution. And with information technology changing just as fast, your firm faces increasing challenges.
You don’t have time to worry about IT efficiency, reliability, and security. And as in-house IT talent is hard to find, you must find an IT company you can rely on. Making any big change can be a difficult step, especially when it comes to IT. If you’ve been handling it on your own, or with an internal IT staff, you may wonder why you would bother changing things now.
We’re not talking about vague promises like “boosted productivity”, “optimal efficiency” or other marketing fluff. You want to know what Managed IT Services will actually do for you.
What Do Managed IT Services Offer Manufacturing Firms?
- Save Your Money: Reducing IT costs is one of the most appealing reasons businesses work with an IT company. Businesses that choose to outsource can convert unplanned IT expenses to fixed, predictable ones. This frees up capital for other aspects of their business. Plus, it saves on hiring (and firing) in-house staff, paying benefits such as sick leave, health insurance, and social security. In addition, your IT company will be available 24/7, whereas in-house staff may take off due to personal issues or illness.
- Improve Your Customer Service: Working with an IT company, your operation will rarely face issues such as unresponsive systems and downed contact lines. That’s because your IT company is working behind the scenes, making sure everything stays operational.
- Protect Your Business: Security is one of the most important aspects of technology. While technology evolves and data expands, the number of ways your IT network can be compromised increases. But to make sure your offsite server is secure, it must be continuously monitored and assessed. Your IT company can provide security services, advise you on the credentials of vendors, and conduct ongoing risk assessments to identify network vulnerabilities.
- Reduce Your Risks: Technical issues can affect more than just your systems – as soon as downtime affects your clients, your reputation is at risk. Your clients don’t want to worry that their information has been breached, or that a faulty backup means you lost it altogether. With an IT company on your side, you can reduce and mitigate risks associated with IT.
- Harness New Technology: Many businesses find it difficult to keep up with the latest advances in technology. Outsourcing your IT to a local IT company provides easy access to the latest technology so you can be more competitive in this technology-driven world. Furthermore, with an IT company, these solutions are less expensive than if you purchased them yourself. Most IT companies have partnerships with vendors and can provide new technologies at a reduced cost.
- Simplify Your Compliance: Many manufacturing firms require secure technology so they can meet compliance and regulatory standards. Your IT company will know how to address the potential for data breaches, secure your confidential data, and use cost-effective technologies to do this so you comply with regulations. Security risks and compliance issues can cost you dearly in legal liabilities, regulatory penalties, and your good reputation.
- Grow Your IT With Your Business: As your business grows, your IT needs grow as well. Keep in mind that new service offerings often come with significant upgrades or new software. Your IT company can provide the flexibility you need to change your products/services or add new ones when required.
Should You Invest In Managed Services?
Maybe – it all depends on what you want from your IT services.
If you’re content with your IT staff, or with paying hourly fees to have fires put out when they happen, then you may not need to opt for a different level of support right now. But, if you think you could benefit from a more consistent form of IT support, then maybe it’s time to learn more about what SureTec offers so you can make an informed decision.